Have any of you out there heard of a British radio progam by that name? Until today, I hadn’t heard of it either, so don’t feel bad if you hadn’t heard yet.
I was catching up on some blogs this afternoon, after classes were done and the garage door was fixed (yes, it has been a stellar four weeks, hasn’t it?) and on Jane Brocket/Yarnstorm my attention was grabbed by her comment about folks keeping their lists in their wallets, just in case, you know. 🙂
Apparantly this show has been around since 1942! Here’s the little blip I found on the BBC website,
“Desert Island Discs was created by Roy Plomley in 1942, and the format is simple: a guest is invited by Kirsty Young to choose the eight records they would take with them to a desert island”.
Anyway, it got me thinking…..So first, I bugged the Hubby Dearest for his list, as he is huge music fan. I figure anyone who has over 5000 songs on his ipod Touch might have a hard time choosing just eight albums. Heh…you could say that! With a bit of work, this is his list, for the moment…
Dh’s Desert Island Discs
1.Fleetwood Mac, by Fleetwood Mac
2. Rossini Overtures, Neville Mariner
3. Venus and Mars, Paul McCartney and Wings
4. Neck and Neck, Chet Atkins and Mark Knopfler
5. Handel’s Messiah, performed by (he’s not sure) ,with Kathleen Battle
6. DC Talk 10th Anniversarsy cd
7. No Compromise, Keith Green
8. Aja, by Steely Dan
Then, I worked on my own list. The first two were easy, but it got harder after that.
Ruth’s Desert Island Discs
1. Celtic Legacy by various artists
2. Keith Green Songs For The Shepherd
3. John Denver, Back Home Again
4. Newsboys, Adoration
5. Glenn Miller, Gold
6. Michael Card, Joy In The Journey
7. Tony Bennet, Duets
8. Doobie Brothers, Best of The Doobies or
Crosby, Still, And Nash Greatest Hits
How about you? Can you come up with the eight discs that would be “it” for you? If you do this, let me know, ok? I wanna see what other people’s choices are..you know, just in case I need to make some changes.